Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

View Single Post
post #364 of (permalink) Old 8th October 2015
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Scenic II - Access the resistor pack in 5 mins.

Originally Posted by aahbarnes View Post
Then pulled it out:

You're then left with this:

Look inside from the right hand side of the steering wheel and you'll see this loom of wires:

I've got small hands!

Here another view of the wires leading into the resistor pack.

Pinch both sides of the connector and it'll come out.

There is a section of loom available from Renault to replace this plug which is prone to melting. Renault parts personnel told me that the live feed is now shared across two terminals, i've yet to get one to find out.

Update, accessed the resistor pack itself tonight:

Looks like I have the modified resistor pack (replaced under warranty), but not the modded loom, which passes the live feed across 2 terminals. The pack has the 2 terminals waiting, but only 1 connected.

Hi Guys,

Am i right in saying my connector which looks slightly burnt out on 2 pins is my issue too. Obviously there is 5 heating settings 0-4, does each pin represent a setting? if you see my picture am i correct in saying top right is the setting 0 ( heater off) and top left is setting 1 going down to 4....... If so pins 2 and 4 are slightly melted which looks like the cause of my heat settings 2 and 4 not working. DO I just cut these off and splice a brand new connector on and thats job done......??

many thanks

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12092531_10153388133097182_1859032993_n.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	81674  
Currently in buckers's garage:
renault grand scenic 2005 1.6 16 valve, Skoda octavia estate 2012, vauxhall zafira A 2002
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome