Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna 2 Keycard issue

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 26th October 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna 2 Keycard issue

Hi folks,

First posting here - am glad to be a member. Looks like a great community.

A question that I'm sure has been asked before (apologies in advance) and is a regular probably.

My Laguna 2 keycard has broken down - I've ordered a replacement from my local Renault dealer and the standard 10 day from France thing is happening - should arrive next week. The problem is that in the meantime I can't get into the car - it locked fine, but I can't now unlock it with the keycard. The card itself goes green, red, orange, but no clicks.

I've also tried the manual lock - the lock blade I believe its called, but this goes all the way around in the lock itself. I think that someone had previously overturned it and it's meant you cant manually overlock it.

I've now sent my keycard to Renault Laguna Key Card Repair Keycard hoping that they'll be able to fix it. But what happens if they can't? I'm assuming that the Renault garage would need the car there on site once the card arrives from France - or could it be programmed and then given to me to take to the car? I really dont want to a) pay for an uplift or b) get a car thief to help me out.

Any suggestions?
  5 Lastest Threads by zarguio
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Laguna 2 Keycard issue Electronics madnoel10 6 1758 26th October 2007 12:36 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome