Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Front suspension - Wishbone Arm How to

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10th February 2006
peanut chomper
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Got the car back and it went straight through the test, whilst at the garage i noticed the wishbones in the bin (the old ones) i had a look at them and the balljoints were absolutly flapping in the wind.
By the way both wishbones and both CV gaiters cost me 280 all done, the mech told me the wishbones were 57 each,the gaiters were around 15 a piece and he also said he had to get some replacment wishbone bolts from renault, but did`nt say how much they were.
I had to laugh when he told me he also had a MK2 laguna .......

On a final note , just like to say what a poor design this balljoint system is , the cars only don 26k , so by my reckoning i better prebuy some if i intend to put a decent milege on the clock , oh, whilst i`m "ranting" had a look on FRENCH Ebay and found some balljoint only attachments,for LAG2 that looked to be genuine renault parts.
Can`t see why you shouldn`t be able to grind /drill old rivets out and just replace the balljoint part???
Currently in peanut chomper's garage:
lag 2 1.6 dyn
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome