Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Buyer's Guides - V6 Variant - Member Opinions and Buyers Advice

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11th February 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
The Initiale will have total closure - press the lock button briefly once to lock the doors, then press again to deadlock the doors and hold for a couple of seconds to activate total closure. I think you can also do it with one very long press, but this isn't so kind on the battery in the card.

The car should also memorise the mirror and seat position for each card (this can actually be a pain with hands-free if both drived and passenger have their cards with them, but on a pre-2005 model this doesn't apply anyway.)

Folding mirrors will also be present (you have to activate a switch each time you park though - they aren't linked to the central locking as the Peugeots are.) I believe the earlier Initiales also have photochromatic door mirrors, though this feature does not appear to be present on my 2005.

A few people have reported sat-nav problems, mostly the apparent loss of GPS signal. Renault usually want to charge you bucketloads to replace the navigation computer, though I recall at least one being cured just by the owner unplugging the computer and leaving it overnight. Original Caminat can be a bit flakey on routing (I've known it to add over an hour to a journey before now) and I quickly stopped trusting it to find the most direct route from town A to town B and relied on it more to find the address I was looking for once I'd arrived at my destination town. It also only displays the map in 2D (though it has one of the better 2D displays) and has a user interface from hell.

Xenon lights can be troublesome, and parts are expensive when they go wrong. It's just a theory of mine, but I suspect they're more badly behaved on cars with automatic headlights which may switch on and off several times in each journey. I reckon that must put a lot more stress on the system (especially the ballast units) than simply switching the lights on and off yourself as and when needed.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome