Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane display will not turn off

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th October 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane display will not turn off

hi everyone, just bought an 02 Megane 2 1.5dci 5 door. I have noticed when i lock the car the two electronic dispalys in yhe middle of instrument panel do not turn off. They glow and are obviously still recieving power. The bottom one, has not got the outline of a car on it as it should, there are three tyre symbols which are not 'filled in', and when i open any of the doors, the display shows this. the thing is, the car has just failed to start because the battery wont turn it over. The battery, which is a renault, is only 55AH, arent diesels normally higher capacity than this? battery was showing 11.6 v off load. the battery looks a bit old, but i am concerned that this display problem is draining it. I've measured the draw off the battery with the central locking locked and nothing else on, and its pulling 250mA. I know its always going to pull some for the alarm etc, but does anyone know what it should be pulling? Any experience of this panel display problem?
Currently in TonyM58's garage:
2002 Megane 1.5DCi 5 door
  5 Lastest Threads by TonyM58
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane display will not turn off Electronics TonyM58 4 2751 28th October 2007 04:53 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome