Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - truckers over regulated???

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th February 2006 Thread Starter
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Angry truckers over regulated???

what with new tachograph laws,the working time directive and new plans for which lanes trucks can use it wont be long before my driving day will be over before it starts.
warwickshire are going to trial a system on the m42(a42) to restrict all hgv's to the inside lane only..outlawing any overtaking.apparently you car drivers are getting pretty miffed waiting behind lorries whilst they take 5 miles to overtake each other.( if every lorry wasn't fitted with a speed limiter this wouldn't be a problem) apparently the a14 in northants and cambs is also going to be involved in the trial.

thanks to various legislations i can only work a maximum 48 hour week..i cant go over 56 mph..i must have a break at set times(whether convenient to me or not) and now i cant even overtake miss daisy doing 25mph in front of me or face a severe fine if i do.

how do other members feel about these things and do you think they are appropriate.
Currently in bonedavid's garage:
women wild
  5 Lastest Threads by bonedavid
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome