Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 98 Scenic immobiliser problems

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 28th October 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Ok firstly let me say I'm a twit! I do indeed have a button for the central locking in my Scenic, I guess as I never use it I forgot it was there!

Ok the key kinda works at the moment. I replaced the batteries but problem is it only works like 1/10 times and usually after I've tapped it on the steering wheel a few times. I have a spare key but the clicker part is missing (the rubber bit in the middle). My father in law tried to switch the circuits over and in doing so the bulb like part snapped off so needs soldered on again. What I'm doing at the moment is leaving the ignition on (with everything electrical turned off) and locking the car with my dodgy key. I know it's not ideal and I've a big chain to wrap around the steering wheel just in case.

So is the solution to solder the spare and swap with the good clicker to see if it works or should I just get a replacement? How does a replacement work, surely the key would be cut differently or do you not get a key with a replacement?
Currently in dazza71's garage:
1998 Renault Megane Scenic 1.6 RT
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome