Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Misc. questions from a newbie

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 28th October 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Misc. questions from a newbie

Hi all,

First of all thank you for a great forum - have just discovered the site, and have already implemented one fix (climate backlight, fix :-)).

I have a Renault Laguna 2,0 IDE Initiale from 2002. There is a couple of things that i hope you can help me with:

1: A couple of months ago i had a break-in in the car. The rear passanger window was smashed. Unfortunaly i had the rear sun screen/curtain up, and this was also broken along with the window. My question is now; is this an easy do it yourself fix, and how much would a new curtain cost from the local Renault pusher?

2: I dont really use my sat nav all that much, as i find the maps and stuff kind of old fashion. I have the newset map updates, but the software itself in the sat nav is from when the car was produced as far as i can see. Is there any way to update this to the most current version, adn is there any benifits from this?
Would it be possible to add a new navigation interface to use the current screen? (For example a TomTom unit or something else?)

3: As i live in Denmark, we have a law here in the country saying that there must ALWAYS be driving lights on the car. I have imported the car from Germany where this is not necesary, and therefore i ahve to turn the lights knob every time i start and stop the car. Are there any way i can make the car always turn the light on, when i insert the card-key?

4: I am looking for some nice 17"-18" sommer aloys for the car, as the ones i have (standard 16") are a bit boring IMO.

5: On the front of the climate control (bottom of it) and a bit of the "card holder unit" the front is a bit ripped - like the first layer of paint/film, is scratched of. Is there any way to fix this, other than ordering new front panels for these units?

6: I believe the speed'o'meter is not showing the correct speed - what is the fix for this?

7: When the car has not been driven for some hours (2-> hours), i have to hold the "Stop/Start" button in for about 2-5 seconds, before it will start. What should i look for here?

I think that was about it for know - hope someone can help me with all my questions :-)
Currently in Dinovo's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.0 initiale
  5 Lastest Threads by Dinovo
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Misc. questions from a newbie Cars & motoring JankoNIS 3 974 28th October 2007 10:26 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome