Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Misc. questions from a newbie

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 28th October 2007
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Fishing the Sea Champion
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 11
Originally Posted by Dinovo View Post
Hi all,

First of all thank you for a great forum - have just discovered the site, and have already implemented one fix (climate backlight, fix :-)).

I have a Renault Laguna 2,0 IDE Initiale from 2002. There is a couple of things that i hope you can help me with:

1: A couple of months ago i had a break-in in the car. The rear passanger window was smashed. Unfortunaly i had the rear sun screen/curtain up, and this was also broken along with the window. My question is now; is this an easy do it yourself fix, and how much would a new curtain cost from the local Renault pusher?

2: I dont really use my sat nav all that much, as i find the maps and stuff kind of old fashion. I have the newset map updates, but the software itself in the sat nav is from when the car was produced as far as i can see. Is there any way to update this to the most current version, adn is there any benifits from this?
Would it be possible to add a new navigation interface to use the current screen? (For example a TomTom unit or something else?)

3: As i live in Denmark, we have a law here in the country saying that there must ALWAYS be driving lights on the car. I have imported the car from Germany where this is not necesary, and therefore i ahve to turn the lights knob every time i start and stop the car. Are there any way i can make the car always turn the light on, when i insert the card-key?

4: I am looking for some nice 17"-18" sommer aloys for the car, as the ones i have (standard 16") are a bit boring IMO.

5: On the front of the climate control (bottom of it) and a bit of the "card holder unit" the front is a bit ripped - like the first layer of paint/film, is scratched of. Is there any way to fix this, other than ordering new front panels for these units?

6: I believe the speed'o'meter is not showing the correct speed - what is the fix for this?

7: When the car has not been driven for some hours (2-> hours), i have to hold the "Stop/Start" button in for about 2-5 seconds, before it will start. What should i look for here?

I think that was about it for know - hope someone can help me with all my questions :-)
Hi and welcome to the forum iam sorry i cant answer all your questions but i will have a try at a few with regards to your back sun screen i would say a novice could try it no problems and i would also try and buy it second hand if its going to be to expensive from the dealers so try a good breakers yard,wheels i can't see any problem with 17" alloys but iam sure the Laguna probely could accommodate 18" but i would be wary and doing this also would put your speedo out because of the increase of wheel size,with regards to your lights yes i would say this is possible but i would get a good auto electrician to do it for you,with regards to the rest of you questions i cant help but iam sure a member will help soon cheers Donald
Currently in Donald's garage:
2005 Mercedes Benz C200 Classic SE Kompresser & 1998 Fiat Cinquecento Fire Sporting,some may say i could do far better?,i say i could do far worse.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome