Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - roof box???

Thread: roof box???
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 29th October 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
I'm quite happy with our Mont Blanc RBX4500, though I've not had much to compare it with. It holds plenty of stuff and it has never let in any rainwater even in some filthy weather, so it passes the test as far as I'm concerned.

Here's a link to one on Motor World's website (you can usually pick one up at their retail stores too - just don't forget to take your roof bars.) At 150 quid, it's certainly cheaper than similar sized alternatives at Halfords.

Mont Blanc 450 Litre Large Luggage Roof Box - RBX4500 from 149.99 was 179.99 SAVE 30

The 4500 is a 450 litre box, which means it effectively doubles the carrying capacity of the Lag 2 hatch's boot alone. They do a smaller one, but the bracket holes aren't placed correctly for the Lag hatch's roof bars, so we'd have had to drill the box to use it.

I'm less than impressed with the locking mechanism, but I suspect it's no worse than most others. I've seen the aftermath of a few boxes (different brands) coming open on the motorway and it's not a pretty sight. I think they rely too heavily on plastic components in the locking mechanism - I know this one does. I always secure the box with a ratchet tie-down strap over the front and another over the rear, secured under the roof bars.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome