Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Misc. questions from a newbie

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 29th October 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

Hi Dinovo,

2. There is no way to put the other type of GPS navigation, cause there are couple of signal lines to the LCD that are vital to it's work (brightnes, LCD on/off), which is originated from GPS central unit. However, you will lose some nice infos if you disconnect LCD from GPS central unit, such as temperature reading, door indicators, radiostations list etc.
It is better if you buy a brand new "TomTom" with holder, so you can fix it next to the original GPS display;

7. If your car starts without need to hold the "Start" button, but short press, then there is no card reader fault.
Otherwise, take out your reader, there is small micro-switch on one side (you can see the wearing line on the side of your key card, this will show you the position of this micro-switch), check if it is working properly - maybe he is need replacing. This is cheap front panel switch that can be found on most of the modern electronic equipment.

I hope that you can understand my post, because english is not my native language.

P.S. I am also interested to read the answer to your question nr. 3. We are expecting such law in Serbia in a short time.
Currently in JankoNIS's garage:
2003 Renault Laguna II 1.9dCi

Last edited by JankoNIS; 29th October 2007 at 03:20 PM. Reason: My brain was in "slow" mode!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome