Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace - Wheels and Tyres - Spare Wheel

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th February 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Espace - Wheels and Tyres - Spare Wheel

Hi all, I am very Glad to be still here today after one of the rear tyres on my Espace decided to have a rapid deflate and then depart from the rim ( at 35 mph! ) and all within 50 metres very scary I can tell you. However that is not the reason I am writing this. When I came to get my spare wheel out from under the rear floor ( space saver ) although it was inflated , what emerged was this rust encrusted mass. The AA man was not impressed and pointed out the depth of corrosion had rendered the wheel unsafe to use . My original wheel was taken and fitted with a new tyre so we could continue our journey. The AA man told me that this was not the first espace spare wheel he had seen in this condition , so if you have an espace or any other renault with the spare mounted under the floor GET IT OUT AND CHECK IT!
Currently in harddrive's garage:
megane 2 1.9 Dci expression Hatch
The Following User Says Thank You to harddrive For This Useful Post:
johnr1302 (13th September 2013)
  5 Lastest Threads by harddrive
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Espace - Wheels and Tyres - Spare Wheel Espace Ben Detoy 22 14756 11th February 2006 07:21 PM
Vegetarian Christmas!! Jokes & funny stuff harddrive 0 982 23rd December 2005 03:05 PM
Renault Scenic - Buyer's Guides - 2001 scenic 1.9... Scenic harddrive 2 2446 24th November 2005 07:59 PM
Top Gear results General Chat Horatio 11 2480 13th November 2005 08:34 PM
Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres -... Laguna mord 6 4665 7th November 2005 07:48 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome