Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Rear Suspension Knock,Shock Absorbers Commonly Snapping

View Single Post
post #42 of (permalink) Old 3rd November 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Now I wonder if anyone can throw some light on this ...

I too have the knock, rattle, clonk from the rear of a Scenic. But it is NOT from the shock absorbers (I too have had a broken shock absorber - and changed to Bilstein). This knock is more a rattle and lighter sounding than the heavy banging of a broken shocker.

I know it is not the Bilsteins (as having removed both shockers the knock, rattle, clonk remains).

It's not the exhaust or a loose baffle, nor the tailgate, nor the internals of the rear bumper, nor seat belt assemblies behind the trim. And it's not the spare wheel, jack etc., as it still knocks and rattles when they too are removed. And it's not the rear wheel bearings nor brake calipers. Everything is tight and there's no apparent slop in the rubber bushing to the rear torsion bar.

One thought is it may be "something" associated with the torsion bar/s (how many are there?).

It's certainly coming from under the car. Does anyone have a clue or can point me to something else?
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome