Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - ESPACE MKII Back Brakes Compatibility

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 29th October 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
ESPACE MKII Back Brakes Compatibility

Car is a Renault Espace Mk II - Petrol.

The back brakes are drum type and the Haynes manual shows that they can be either Bendix or Girling.

From the images in the Haynes manual I appear to have the Girling type but I can only find Bendix available to buy.

The shop states the two products are interchangeable but also need the pistons changed as they are of differing size dependant on the manufacturer.

That the 2 manufacturers product would be interchangeable makes sense except for the fact that the images in Haynes show the point where the calipers fit at the bottom to be quite different.

Anyone know anything about this? I don't want to buy them - try to fit and then find I am stuck - as currrently travelling.

Currently in Factseeker's garage:
Renaulty Espace
  5 Lastest Threads by Factseeker
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
ESPACE MKII Back Brakes Compatibility Brakes/Hubs madnoel10 1 211 29th October 2015 08:02 AM
Window switch mystery wire. Electronics Factseeker 2 324 3rd July 2015 04:13 PM
ESPACE Mk2 One Touch Window Winder Problem Electronics Mike H025 3 507 12th November 2014 02:54 PM
Removing Steering Inner Tie Rods using Heat .... Steering and Suspension ssashton 3 976 20th June 2014 08:05 PM
Sprung Locking Washers - Espace Mk2 Steering and Suspension Factseeker 2 598 18th June 2014 08:01 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome