Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 1.5 dci 2001 Relay box next to battery?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd November 2007 Thread Starter
David Blackford
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
1.5 dci 2001 Relay box next to battery?

Can anyone tell me what the 30 amp fuse in the relay box next to the battery protects and also what the three small black relays do. I suspect one of these relays might be the reason for my problems starting the Clio.
I turn the key, the immobiliser flashes fast - no response from starter. Turn the key repeatedly and immobiliser light stays on continuously. Sometimes when I turn the key the clock/ radio lights dim but not the speedo lights - and there is no starter response at all.
Occasionally the starter will crank the engine half a turn and it cuts out. Fiddling in the relay box seems to do something and then it starts OK.
Does one of the relays in the box next to the battery control the ignition? Does anyone out there know? (The battery is OK)
Thank you in advance.
Currently in David Blackford's garage:
2001 Renault Clio 1.5DCI
  5 Lastest Threads by David Blackford
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
1.5 dci 2001 Relay box next to battery? Electronics David Blackford 2 1526 3rd November 2007 06:00 PM
Hazard switch 02 16v Clio Dynamique Clio Escabellado 10 9832 8th January 2007 05:25 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome