Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Espace brake servo leaking

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 1st November 2015
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Espace brake servo leaking air *fixed*

Originally Posted by bioman View Post
Today I have replaced my leaking brake servo with a used one that I sourced from a local Renault breakers.
The battery, battery tray, airflow meter, air box and auto gearbox ECU have to be removed to get to the servo.
There are three 13mm bolts under the dash but only two need to be removed to get the servo out, following this the two brake pipes, sensor plug and brake fluid reservoir pipe need disconnecting before the servo can finally be removed.
I have included some pictures to show the work in progress.
many thanks for this article! im struggling with exactly the same thing, it started off with a little whistle when the pedal was up, but has now become more of a Whoosh! and a loss of braking, so the im guessing the servo either need repairing or replacing. ive got as far as removing all the air box, battery tray etc etc, but i cant work out how to remove the actual servo. could anyone tell me how to get to the bolts under the dash please??? ive tried pulling the passenger floor carpet back but cant seem to see anything. many thanks in advance!
Currently in hollandrob81's garage:
Espace 2.2 Dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome