Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Chassis Numbers And Engine Codes

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 5th November 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
hi there, i am trying to figure out my engine fan (dead) - i see lots of other people have the same problem, but my main hunch at the moment is the relay... the problem is my handbook shows the relays and fuses with little pictures, while inside the fusebox there are numbers - so i can't really figure out which is which.
i have swopped the black relays around and they all go 'click' in a certain slot, so i'm guessing they are working, but i would love to rule it out as a possibility.

what engine is in there? as soon as i search for vf1jab3 or any version of it google comes up with zilch.

i have shorted out the heat sender in the radiator, no fan.
fan is working however - i now have it hotwired on my battery just to get to work. Luckily my head gasket seems to be ok, but my radiator has taken the punch - split open.
i have repaired it with fibreglass in the mean time - at the rates renault charges for parts i'm not going to put a new one in before i am sure my fan is working ok.

my first thought was that they pinched a wire somewhere when they put a new gearbox in, yep, lost a gearbox three months after i bought the car, but thats another story...

i just want to start liking the car again - if possible

(i must probably post this under a more technical thread...?)
Currently in widowmaker's garage:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome