Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Clio II - Bonnet Opening Incident

View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 5th November 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Bonnet Opening Incident

Thanx for your reply Asterix. Unfortunately she did not as we only heard the problem with the bonnet was featured on Watchdog after the incident. PS. Hope I,ve replied properly its the first time I've done it.
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
I have to ask...did she take it to a renault dealer for a check when all the publicity about the problem was aired recently......if so and it was checked by renault then I would say that she should take it up with the dealer.
Originally Posted by dragon1 View Post
My daughter has just been involved in a incident when the bonnet of her Clio II flew up, smashing her windscreen and denting the roof. She was not hurt but badly shaken.
To make matters worse she has been told she will now lose her No Claims Bonus and have to pay the agreed excess on her insurance. I find this grossly unfair, and was wondering if this has happened to anyone else, if so, were they able to come to any agreement with their Insurance company so as NOT to lose her No Claims Bonus or excess.
I would be most grateful for any help with this matter.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome