Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna II headlight problem

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 5th November 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by tman View Post
Anyone know how to adjust the beam on a 2001 Laguna II Privilege? The self levelling headlights on this car have a life of their own, and randomly 'blip' or aim high.

I had the system checked by the dealer a few months ago, and they said they checked the levelling rods on the axl's, and had to re-seat one, and that things should now be ok. Well, they aren't, and as the nights are now closing in, I'm using my headlights more, and to be honest, the problem is driving me mad. It's really distracting and annoying.

I'd like to adjust (or even temp disable) the self levelling headlight system if possible. I expect there's a sensor involved somewhere that needs adjusting/cleaning or replacing. I expect I'll get the dealers to look at it again sometime, but I really need this sorted asap.

Can anyone help?

The system is quite simple. There are two sensors attached to the near side suspension members: one on the front one on the rear. The sensor on the front also has an integrated micro controller.

Most likely one of the sensors is faulty. It could also be the electrical connectors on these components.

If it's a sensor you could find out which one by disconnecting the mechanical link on each one in turn and moving each one by hand. Get someone to check if the headlamps move smoothly.

Currently in Eeeps's garage:
2011 Clio III dCi 88 Dynamique and 2016 CitroŽn Grand C4 Picasso Exclusive+ EAT6 2.0 BlueHDi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome