Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - No power to tailgate on 04 scenic 1.6 dynamique

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th November 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy No power to tailgate on 04 scenic 1.6 dynamique

Hi everyone

i recently purchased the above vehicle from a dealer, and one day after putting the pram in the boot, on arriving at my destination i found that i could not open the tailgate using the little button under by the plate light. I tried everything possible including relocking the car and reopening several times but it wouldn't open. I later also noticed that the rear window wiper had stopped working. The little button on the tailgate (in the centre of the renault emblem) still works, as the indicator lights flash when i press it, and the rear top brake light also works. I took it to my local service chap who kep the car for a couple of days but could not find what the problem was, even after stripping out all the rear panels and checking the wiring, fuses etc.

The dealership gave me 6 months electrical and mechanical warranty, but they are quite a distance from me, so i wanted to see if this was something i could resolve myself or locally first. Does anyone here have any suggestions on what it might be, or how i should approach getting this resolved as it is becoming a right pain in the rear end having a kid, and on shopping trips etc

Many thanks in advance for any advice, assistance you can provide

Currently in hotentot's garage:
2004 Renault Scenic Dynamique 1.6 Ci
  5 Lastest Threads by hotentot
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Scenic 2 - Clutch Pedal Switch Problem Electronics hotentot 1 4454 28th January 2010 04:41 PM
No power to tailgate on 04 scenic 1.6 dynamique Cars & motoring ottoman 7 1830 6th November 2007 09:31 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome