Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #202 of (permalink) Old 6th November 2007
fireball scenic
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Right then,

To keep you all posted here we go.......

I had a call from Renault UK saying that after the latest batch of technical evidence I had produced regarding the mirror switch and in light of the French website info they were going to take action. The gist of this is that some 80,000+ vehicles in the UK are to be fitted with a new type of mirror switch, designed not to allow moisture / dirt ingress and prevent failure by way of melting / fire.

VOSA have sent me an email also confirming that this is correct. They will be meeting with Renault UK shortly to establish a schedule for when this action will take place and which vehicles exactly will be affected.

I have no "official" words from Renault UK aside from them saying that they will be contacting all owners of vehicles that they have identified are affected by this problem.

So I think that is finally a RESULT!! Don't know whether they are calling it a recall or a "Quality Action" but frankly as long as the problem is sorted the end result is good.

I will post more firm details when I have them. It looks like it will be Spring next year by the time this action is underway as they are in the process of sorting out the technicalities right now!

I thank you all at RenaultForums for your support in this, without your vital help I think this would not have been possible. Also sorry to Tombolian that he has had to go through the hoop with his Scenic fire but with the added pressure of his case we have succeeded in the end.

This news is not on any of Renaults official websites yet or VOSA's but you heard it here first!! Those affected will be getting their vehicles sorted.

Please post this up somewhere prominent so that all can see.

Cheers Again - Dave (AKA Fireball)

When they said "Heated Mirrors" ................
Currently in fireball scenic's garage:
2006 Grand Scenic II DCi130 Dynamique
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome