Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane 2 NSF Electric window problem

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 7th November 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by willow996 View Post
I'm a newbee to Megane ownership, and have the same problem. Did you get it sorted ???
Hi, yes I did, Renault diagnosed a faulty regulator and replaced FOC.

Then shortly afterwards I had a sort of similar experience with the NSR.

Came out of the house one morning to find that the NSR window was completely lowered and the rear seats were covered in snow from an overnight flurry.

I thought that it was strange because I always deadlock the doors which automatically winds the windows up if they are closed. Tried the window, but it was dead, wouldnt go up or down. Had to drive to the dealership in Snow with the rear window down. Brrrr very cold. They fixed the problem but I cant remember what the diagnosis was.

I complained bitterly to RCS following the event, saying that I had lost confidence in the car, especially the security of the vehicle, and wanted assurance that this event was a one off. I was concerned that I might have to report this to my Motor Car Insurers, which would no doubt have increased my premium. I must admit to being very wary following the repairs, as I envisaged returning to my car one day and finding the windows open with the contents of my car lost due to theft.

RCS gave me the assurance, and a 50 voucher for my inconvenience. Seems like it wasnt a one off after all. Not had any trouble since.

Let me know how you get on.

Currently in GeeBee's garage:
Megane II 1.5 dCI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome