Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Wheels and Tyres - Tyre Pressure Sensors - Member experiences and solution

View Single Post
post #201 of (permalink) Old 7th November 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
wheels and tyres - sensors

I have a question regarding tyre sensors.

I have Laguna II, 2002, 1.9 dci.
The other day I replaced all 4 wheels that came with the car (17", alloy wheels) and both 16" winter tyres with steel wheels.

Problem was how to replace sensors. I was told that by my mechanic that if he put sensors from old tyres, he will have to destroy valves. I was pretty suspicious and did not allow him to do so. Now I have new tyres and lost sensord (the tyres are no longer on display and warning light is on all the time). I have no problem with that but my question is does anybody know is it possible to put sensors in new tyres without destroying valves on old tyres and if it is, how to do it?
If I leave it like this through winter period, will I have my sensors back on display when I put old summer tyres with sensors on it?
I think that Renault created lots of problems with these sensors because it causes [problems to owners when they have flat tyre or changing all tyres in winter/summer.

Currently in zlajaijc's garage:
2002 lAGUNA II 1.9 dCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome