Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #128 of (permalink) Old 7th November 2007
vel satis 1
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry vel satis and its quirky problems Warning to all owners

Hi all you vel satis owners; I had a problem with the vel satis last night and one which i hope i can stop all owners falling into like i did it could happen to all us owners so read this please Gareth. I went to see my grand children yesterday at their house because they are ill; so i arrived as usual in the vel satis parked up outside and stayed for a couple of hours when i got back in the car took off my pro lock off the steering wheel and put in the key card too start the car as i always do and all i got was a noise click clock click clock click clock click clock and no start up thinking some thing may be wrong i had to leave the car and use my son in laws car to get home and come back later with the back up key card; But when i tried the second card that did the same it just clicked all the time i found out what it was the steering lock had not come off lock so the engine immobiliser was still on and would not allow the car to start so always make sure the steering lock is always off or your vel satis will not start Gareth.
Currently in vel satis 1's garage:
2003 renault vel satis v6 24 valve 3.5 petrol engine model Initiale BJOV
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome