Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 2008 Laguna 2.0 dci rear brake pad replacement

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 6th November 2015 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: 2008 Laguna 2.0 dci rear brake pad replacement

Originally Posted by daveyboy58 View Post
Thanks for posting this.I have a question though.I was under the impression that the pistons could not be pushed back,but had to be wound in,hence the holes in the end for the key to twist it.I thought they were on a thread behind the piston so the handbrake would adjust the pads as wear occured.Did you really just push them back with a g clamp causing no damage?

I thought exactly the same first and tried to wound the piston in, but it did not go in. It was turning in one place. Than I tried to look under the rubber boot thing on the side of the piston and did not see any thread as far as I was able to check. Than I tried the G clamp and it worked without exerting too much force.
I think the two holes on the pistons are for the piston rewind tool to prevent it from sliding off the piston when pushing it back. I have tested the parking brake afterwards and it held the car in position on a quite steep incline and have been driving the car for almost two weeks since with no issues.
All in all this worked on my car, but by all means please try to rewind the pistons first - who knows, you might have a different system on your car.
Currently in Rymkykut's garage:
2005 Scenic 1.5 dci 86bhp; Laguna 2.0 dci Sport Tourer
The Following User Says Thank You to Rymkykut For This Useful Post:
daveyboy58 (6th November 2015)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome