Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - No power to tailgate on 04 scenic 1.6 dynamique

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 7th November 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 2 Times in 3 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 3
Originally Posted by hotentot View Post
hi, thanks for responding - as luck would have it, i took your advice this morning and called through to Hatfields, Salford and asked to speak to their service dept, which i did, only to hear that calls are now being routed to another Hatfields in Manchester as the one in Salford has apparently closed down. I explained the situation to the this chap, who started taking details of the vehicle to book it in, and then mentioned that this would more than likely be a "chargeable" repair. I argued that this could surely not be considered as "wear & rear" and could he please explain how this is not covered in the 6 month electrical and mechanical warranty etc etc i asked to speak to a more senior person to which point i got/ he cut me off

just my luck.......i am not a happy camper at present
Is this a Renault main dealer ?

I would ask to speak with the aftersales Manager, follow it up with a letter to the dealer principal, State the facts do not embellish the details.

keep a record of all call's names, dates etc.

If this is a Renault Main Dealership the car should have carried a longer warranty than 6 months ?

Keep us posted, we are here to help if we can.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome