Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - fuel £1+ a litre

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 8th November 2007
vel satis 1
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Talking fuel cost

Hi here in the Chester area still at some petrol stations unleaded is still 96.9p litre but at my local petrol station at the end of my road its 99.9p litre for unleaded; On the vel satis my tank holds 17.5 gallons(80 litres) thats over £80.00 to fill the tank and at 16-20.7 miles to the gallon on a run its a bit too much to bare;Its about time this contries motorist had some more protests at the cost of fuel and if so picket the oil plants; "what do the other members think"; I read in the paper two weeks ago that the goverment could bring down the cost of fuel by as much as 6p a litre and it would this pick up its tax duties on the fuel people do not have bottomless pockets and theirs the new rise in the road fund tax due next year; I think if we put away our cars for a week this goverment might think again after all they put us in this crisis by starting a war with the yanks and who feels the brunt of all the ¤¤¤¤ ups every time the people i think when the politicians vote for war we should send them first seeing they voted for it. gareth. ps sorry for the complaining just fed up with it all.
Currently in vel satis 1's garage:
2003 renault vel satis v6 24 valve 3.5 petrol engine model Initiale BJOV
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome