Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - fuel 1+ a litre

Thread: fuel 1+ a litre
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 8th November 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Send a message via MSN to tankface
Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
Well that's 63 litres at those prices (into what's apparently a 66 litre tank - I always thought it was a 68, so I must have been close to empty.)

The car typically reports anything between 42 and 53mpg but typically returns around 46. As luck would have it, that ties in pretty closely with the 4.54 'gallons to litres' multiplier, meaning that the car does about 10 miles to the litre.

So that should be about 630 miles for my 70 quid. Or 11.1p per mile.
That's not quite specific enough, Horatio

630 ain't bad for a DCi. My old boss has an old Vauxhall combo 1.7D and gets 700-750 from that on a 50L tank. It's taken him to Wales and bank and then 50 more miles without kicking up a fuss too. Bet he's glad both his vehicles are diesels now, as he runs a small PC repair centre and often comes into struggle around this time of year.

My local Shell has regular up for 96.9, VP at 102.8 and Diesel at 98.9, last check. A Total that's on my college route has regular at 99.9 and diesel at 101.9.

Godknows if and when we'll see these drop...

Makes me think of moving to a cheap country when I'm 18 and digging for oil in my backgarden
Currently in tankface's garage:
2006 Black Magic Seat Leon Sport TDI DSG
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome