Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Scenic - Fire risk - Door mirror control

View Single Post
post #240 of (permalink) Old 8th November 2007
fireball scenic
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Ady7876 View Post
Interesting tack that Renault seem to be following then. It puts them in a sticky legal position if another catches fire and they deny all knowledge of it/but know all about it? Can i contact the V.O.S.A and confirm this rumor with them and then contact Renalt with confirmation. I am also going to contact Trading Standards. I have major concerns as i have a young family and if my car poses a risk to them, it needs fixing, tomorrow! Can someone provide hard facts that Renault know about this problem as i am going to take this further.
I think you might have hit the nail on the head! For Renault to admit that a recall is required right now and in the meantime another vehicle catches fire, technically they would not be in a very good position. Please trust me that they are fully aware of the issue regarding what has so far only affected 2000/01 model Scenics (I am not saying it is limited to 2000/01 years only though).

To re-iterate what ottoman has already said, they have not finalised the whole issue yet regarding what models / years will be rectified only that they will contact owners directly when they are ready.

I totally understand your fears and if you go back a few pages I posted up a way of totally negating the risk of fire in the meantime. I am a bit disappointed that Renault would not give me any "Official" words on the subject but rest assured it is in hand and VOSA are dealing with it also.

When they said "Heated Mirrors" ................
Currently in fireball scenic's garage:
2006 Grand Scenic II DCi130 Dynamique

Last edited by fireball scenic; 8th November 2007 at 06:21 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome