Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - 51 Laguna IDE Computer Problem??

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 10th November 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Laguna II 52 1.9dci Fuel injection fault on ESP

Originally Posted by Ittledo View Post
Can anyone help me with this please. On two occasions now whilst in low revs and travelling slowly, my computer voice has announced that I have a fuel injection problem and a fault with my ESP. The car goes into 'crawl mode', won't rev and tells me to contact my Renault Dealer asap. This scared the pants off me and so I switched off the engine. When I restarted everything was back to normal.

I also have a problem with a ropey tickover, but the car runs great apart from that.

Any help would be gratefully received
hello Ittledo
I have exactly same problem. It spent three days in independent garage. The error codes indicated blockage in fuel return pipe. Not found. Complete check on everything with no joy. Dealer said that it was probably a software problem ie not really anything wrong with car at all. They said there was possibly a patch available to correct but not sure. Oddly the error comes up about once a month, always in the same spot - 4 miles from home, mornings only. I drove it 2000miles in France this summer without error. I have concluded that it is a lose connection on one of the sensors that disconnects at certain resonant frequency - hence same spot on road. I haven't got the energy to get it fixed, I just put up with it, stop, restart and it goes away for another month.
Currently in Lawrie's garage:
2002 Laguna II 1.9dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome