Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Digital Dash Problems

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10th November 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
When i first switch on the car in the morning the dashboard lights don't come on, the indicators don't work, as well as the windscreen wipers. Everything else works including the engine starting. Then after about 5-10 minutes of warming up the dashboard lights etc start to flash on and off for intermittent periods and then stay on longer, until everything is working as normal. The car is OK for the rest of the day, no problems, its only in the mornings i have this problem. I also get one of the relays on the computer circuit board next to the fuse board in the passenger footwell clicking when the dashboard lights are off and stops when all is working. I did have a chat with someone who told me that i may have a dry circuit in the board but i reckon it could be from the power supplying the dash. As usual when we took it to Renault they said we needed a new dash board and at 800 to fix, i don't throw my money around like that all because of a suspected lose wire and i am not going down the fault elimination process of renewing perfectly good parts that can be easily fixed, that Renault would would prefer to replace at 200- whatever, a pop. I have tried to find information about this Renault Grand Espace 1997 model i have. There is no Haynes manual available for it. I bought a CD set from ebay Dialogy MPF that is very hard to set up, looks good but can't get it running. I have also bought a pocket size manual Quite good but only shows how to dismantle the engine, nothing on the dash. I have been told that to remove the dash you start on the speaker covers, not sure if this is correct. Any info would be very helpful.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome