Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - screen wash in power steering

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10th November 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to root-two

Originally Posted by rob1958 View Post
Thanks Paul,

took the easy but expensive way out and took it to a garage, they had to flush it out 4 times at a cost of 75. At least I know i'll never do it again!!
Just out of interest, was this done by a local garage, KwikFit, Halfrauds etc.? (I'm guessing it wasn't done by a Renault dealer if it only cost you 75 quid )

Having done the 'screenwash in the power steering' bit myself today, the first thing I do on Monday morning is go up to the local garage to see about having the system flushed out

Straying off topic, but since I'll be visiting the garage anyway:

I bought my car about a fortnight ago - '99 1.2 Clio, 62000 miles and nothing out of the ordinary in the service/repair history. Short form is that the car has been amazingly well looked after, at least until I got my hands on it

I've read horror stories about cam/timing belts breaking and shredding various bits of the engine so am thinking about asking the garage to have a quick shufti with a view to replacement if it's required, especially as I anticipate doing a fair amount of mileage over the next few months. Sensible move or am I just being paranoid?

Currently in root-two's garage:
1999 Clio 1.2RN Grande (D7F)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome