Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Instrument Panel Problems 2003 Scenic

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11th November 2007 Thread Starter
Les Phillips
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Instrument Panel Problems 2003 Scenic

Hello all,

I have read a few notes from some of you concerning problems with instrument panels on Renaults. I purchased my Scenic in April 2003 after test driving this ex demonstrator with 1800 miles on the clock. On using the sound system during the test drive I used the remote control on the steering column to increase the volume. I could not stop it's progress to full volume except by counteracting with the control on the radio.

I should have pursued the matter then. The car has been dogged with problems ever since regarding controls on the radio, activation and de-activation of auto lights and trip metres etc. The biggest problem has occurred since the Warranty ran out last September. In March of this year the instrument panel started blacking out and has continued doing so ever since with regularity.

I also have witnessed increased mileage, I reckon a complete 10000 miles on the clock which I can prove with reason. Having changed the worn original Michelin tyres before 30000 miles it is somewhat surprising that the cheap Russian Planet tyres that replaced them are still going strong having "apparently" already done in excess of 30000 miles!!!

I am not happy with Renault or their reaction to complaints and I intend to pursue the matter much further.
Currently in Les Phillips's garage:
2003 Renault Scenic Dynamique 1.9 dci
  5 Lastest Threads by Les Phillips
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Instrument Panel Problems 2003 Scenic Electronics Les Phillips 4 921 11th November 2007 07:00 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome