Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Kangoo Diesel starting and infotech

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 14th February 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Lagdti, and many thanks for yout thoughts. I will try and find the main engine control relay and check the wiring to it. Have you any idea where it is on a Kangoo? I was poring over the CD manuals yesterday and found no mention of one. Perhaps it's another name.
The 12v feed to the stop solenoid is one I like, but have been reluctant to try it for a couple of points. Firstly, my electronics experience has been with petrol, and the latter ecu 's and systems ran on 5v, so I have been trying to check the voltage on this system so I don't blow anything. Secondly, its a 3 wire smart solenoid rigged up to the immobiliser system. Someone told me that it communicates with the main computer every 12 seconds or so to ensure everything is OK, and if it is supplied independantly, this will not happen and it won't work. Also if I left the wiring intact and tried a feed to it direct, if I got it wrong, I could back feed the computer and blow it. Now this could or could not be right, and if you could point me in the right direction, I would be grateful. The 3 wires to the stop solenoid are all black of course, so as not to assist theft, and the stop solenoid is sheer bolted behind a casting necessitating removal of the pump to get to drill the bolts out and look at the solenoid. I'm beginning to think I ought to take it to Renault for a diagnostic and hope I get someone experienced and fully trained to do it! Thanks again.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome