Join Date: Dec 2006
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pollen Filter Now Changed
Just to let you all know that I have just changed the filter. The old one was worse than the one shown in the link, so I should have a veritable hurricane blowing through now. Will road test shortly.
Didn't have any problem getting the old filter out (used a pair of snipe nosed pliers to grab the edge and lift out) and putting back in was also no problem. The difficult part was putting back the cover over it. There does not seem to be any positive "lock" or "click" when it goes back in and it is difficult to know if it is fitted correctly. Still, time will tell.
Also, I found that my scuttle cover has three, not two screws holding it. Where screw 1 (the plastic T30) is shown in the pictures in the link, there was also a second T20 metal screw on the side of the cover.
Again, thanks to madnoel10 for pointing me in the right direction.
Currently in Gasjunkie's garage:
Renault Laguna Executive 3.0l 24V V6 Auto