Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Re: 2002 renault clio 1.2 cuts out when driving and some times no throttle respons

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 19th November 2015
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Re: 2002 renault clio 1.2 cuts out when driving and some times no throttle respons

Hi, reading this post it sounds alot like the problems im getting with my clio.

Ive got a 2007 clio sport, 1.2 petrol.
Ive had the car just over 2 years now, im its second owner and ive just gone over 100,000 miles an started to encounter these problems.

It all began randomly driving to work, doing around 65mph and the car literally went to cut out. Obviously i panicked and put my foot immediately on the accelerator to keep driving. obviously this scared me but i didnt think much of it till a week or so later, i had problems getting my car out of my road. it would choke and splutter trying to turn it over (only way to get it going would be to keep my foot down on the accelerator) let it warm up, id get to the end of my road (500mtrs) and the car would lose all power, and not turn back on.

ive had this a number of times now frustratingly not regular, and i dont get any warning lights on my dashboard whatsoever so i get no heads up, i just have to listen to the car myself & feel it.

& then the other day, i again had morning problems left it running for a good 10/15 minutes before i left started travelling to work okay got into a bit of traffic so obviously sat on my brakes but for some reason the car was still revving itself? and i could hear it getting louder and louder?

This car is still currently on a finance agreement till next september, so im stuck with it but begrudginely i really dont want to fork out 100's to fix it either. is there anything i can do that can atleast get this car through a few more months before i can get out of my finance?

any help would be much appreciated!!!
im scared of driving my own bloody car xxx
Currently in nickinoo's garage:
2007 Renault Clio 1.2 Sport.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome