Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - 2.0 IDE engine problems !

View Single Post
post #61 of (permalink) Old 14th November 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Nina02 View Post
Hi just a quick question .... do you recommend using the super unleaded fuel all the time or only every third or fourth fill? And is it to be used only if you have the lumpy idle problem?

My 02 ide has no such problems (touch wood), but if the super unleaded helps generally, then I will try it. BTW, it has done about 89k.

Ta Nina
Most opinions I have read on here state they use STP fluid and super-fuel every 3 or 4 months. It depends on your car. If you have no problems, then I would say normal unleaded is fine. Without having proof, so going on hearsay, it seems that fuel company forecourts have better fuel (i.e. better additives) than supermarket fuels. So at teh very least, use petrol company forecourts.

If you are a low-mileage user and fill up every month or so, then a couple of quid every fill-up, i.e. every month, spent on super-fuel won't hurt your budget and certainly not your car.

A quick recommendation though is never to let your car run extremely low on fuel, generally under the quarter tank indicator line, and certainyl not into the red. I'm guessign in that case, the sediment at teh bottom of your tank gets sucked up into your engine. If nto strictly true, certainly not worth the risk, hey?
Currently in FunkyMonkey's garage:
2002 Renault Laguna II 2.0iDE Initiale
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome