Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replacement stereo unit with DAB receiver?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 14th November 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to root-two
Replacement stereo unit with DAB receiver?

As per the subject line. Apologies if this has been asked before, but a forum search didn't pull anything up.

I'm looking to replace the stereo in my Mk2 Clio with something a bit flashier - the unit I have is, I think, the original and works well enough but doesn't do DAB I'm after a head unit that will do DAB and, if possible, play MP3 CDs - I don't own an iPod, so I don't care about iPod docks and the like.

My questions are:
  • Does anyone have any suggestions for a suitable replacement unit? I'm not that fussed about make, and price isn't really a major consideration but under 3 figures would be nice Not fussed about multi-CD capability either.
  • Are there any gotchas with regard to fitting the replacement unit? Is it a matter of just plugging the new one in, or is there more to it than that? I'm fairly knowledgeable with regard to electronics, but car audio is a closed book to me at present.

Currently in root-two's garage:
1999 Clio 1.2RN Grande (D7F)
  5 Lastest Threads by root-two
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Upgrading brake lines Wheels & tyres madnoel10 11 3097 29th December 2008 08:34 AM
Haynes manual - any alternatives? Cars & motoring root-two 5 4913 30th January 2008 10:57 AM
Clio - the dreaded power loss problem Engines root-two 10 3502 2nd January 2008 08:42 AM
Dude ... where's my brake fluid filler? Engines madnoel10 5 4340 10th December 2007 04:25 PM
Replacement stereo unit with DAB receiver? Electronics madnoel10 7 2093 14th November 2007 12:53 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome