Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replacement stereo unit with DAB receiver?

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 14th November 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to root-two
Originally Posted by madnoel10 View Post
Hi Root-two - before going down the road of DAB radio I suggest you check out local DAB radio reception
DAB reception round here is good, which is rather odd since digital TV reception is atrocious - I recently bought a DAB radio for work and was so impressed with the reception quality that I want one for the car - I'm already scoping out DAB tuners for the hi-fi I can get the most important stations (Radio 4 and BBC7) anything else is a bonus.

Any after-market car entertainment system will probaly differ from the original and you are most likely to loose the head-up display although adapters can be found for many for connecting the steering column stalk controls.
The stalk controls are a 'nice to have' for me - I find their placement a bit odd and often find myself having to fumble about for the volume or CD track controls, and have inadvertently put the windscreen wipers on by mistake on any number of occasions Anyway, changing CDs etc. is what passengers are for
Currently in root-two's garage:
1999 Clio 1.2RN Grande (D7F)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome