Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna Coupe for 2008 and outher Coupes!

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 14th November 2007
Veteran Member
Technical Supremo
Nominated 2 Times in 20 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 18
Thanked 1,103 Times in 942 Posts
There are a number of reasons why you haven't seen many 407 Coupe's on the roads.One is that a decent spec one 30k,and the fact that although the 406 Coupe looked quite nice,it was a dog and most people expect the 407 to be the same.The Peugeot dealer in my town had a gorgeous unregistered sliver 407 Coupe parked outside of their show room for months.........

The Laguna Coupe promises much,but if you compare the first prototype shots of the hatchback with the actual production version they have little in common.The Laguna 3 has turned out to be a complete let down,both in looks and(according to magazine test drives) performance/dynamics.I do hope that the Coupe turns out to be the lovely looking car it promises to be and can live up to those looks,but somehow I don't think it will.

The A5 hasn't been recieved well by the press either unfortunately,so that really only leave the beemer from your list.I'm not a BMW fan,but I have to admit that they are making some absolutely cracking cars at the moment,and although the looks of the new range weren't recieved well,they have aged and matured well and are amongst the best looking cars on the road.

Just my opinion,mind.

I'd rather push my Alfa than drive a BMW....
Currently in Lagdti's garage:
2004 Saab 9-5 HOT Aero and a 2001 Audi A3 1.8 Turbo

Last edited by Lagdti; 14th November 2007 at 06:57 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome