Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Annoying Horn Beep with Keyless Locking

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 15th November 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Ours have never complained about the noise. I suppose a lot of car alarms beep the siren when armed or disarmed, so it's nothing unusual.

You can lock or deadlock the car with the card, but it disables handsfree opening then. The handsfree locking only reactivates the next time you press the START button.

What I'd like to see is the ability to lock or deadlock the car with the card, but then to be able to walk up to it and just open the door as long as you have the card in your pocket. I'd also like to see a way of retaining selective unlocking (driver's door only) with the card, while still having the handsfree system operate from all doors and the boot.

I used to like the 'total closure' feature on my Privilege that activated with the deadlocking. The Initiale has it too, but with the handsfree card, it's more hassle than it's worth and it's easier just to close the windows and sunroof before you get out.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome