Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Replacement stereo unit with DAB receiver?

View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 16th November 2007
Technical Supremo

Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 42,937
Nominated 16 Times in 67 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 28
Thanks: 372
Thanked 5,200 Times in 4,712 Posts
Hi Root-Two - you don't need a TV licience for a freeview box as it is not classified as a receiver. The TV liciencing laws only applies to equipment capable of receiving a TV signal - this includes TV's, video recorders and computers fitted with receiving device. A freeview box only deciphers signals (e.g. from digital to analogue).
Currently in madnoel10's garage:
Honda Civic 1.4l
madnoel10 is offline  
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome