Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - undertaking

Thread: undertaking
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 15th February 2006
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to Benny
Last summer, I was travelling in convoy with about ten others cars up to an audio meet in Oxford. Sadly, a muppet in a red Golf GTi was heading the same way, and driving like a complete 'tard.

What he didn't know was that we were all together, and that we all had walkie talkies on the same frequency

I honestly don't think I've ever had so much fun on the motorway. We'd send a couple of "scouts" up ahead to sit in lanes one, two and three...then position another three cars in lanes one, two and three behind to keep the other traffic back a bit. Then we put one chap in the middle lane and one in the right hand lane, and as predicted, Golf undertakes.

So we closed the trap and boxed him in, cleared the right hand lane to let people pass, and all cars in our convoy then started to progressively slow down.

We did this about five times between the M25 and Oxford, and I genuinely believe he had no idea what was happening. We got down to about 40mph at one point, and he really was beginning to get irate, so we let him go.

Immature? God yes.
Dangerous? not especially.
Epic fun? Damn right!

Currently in Benny's garage:
His other half up the wall
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome