Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Kangoo Diesel starting and infotech

View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 15th February 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Thanks again for the thought. Just been out and double checked, and yes, at least to the two I could get to quickly, had 12v. It's not event trying to start though. If a diesel is trying to start, you usually get a bit of white smoke from the exhaust, and you can sort of feel it trying, but on this van there is nothing, which leads me to think it's a fuel delivery problem. I tried cracking off an injector pipe to see if fuel is pumping, and there is no delivery, and there again someone else told me that these modernish systems won't anyway with a pipe disconnected, there is supposed to be a sensor to stop it. So how do you bleed the system? I phoned our local Renault dealer yesterday, and to run a full diagnostic check is 70 including the VAT, which is an hours labour. If I was totally convinced they would locate the fault, I wouldn't hesitate, but I'm an old sceptic who has been in the motor trade far too long! My money is still on the coded solenoid and its circuitry somewhere, but I would only risk about 50p, so keep your ideas coming please! Mike
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome