Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - 1.6i Idling problems - Engine cut out at junction ?

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 15th February 2006
peanut chomper
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I have a laguna 2 1.6 16v manufactured in the timespan mentioned , the engine has cut out on me several times during the summer (when the air con is on) leaving me in mid traffic with heavy steering and brakes (loss of servo assistance), the problem especially happens when i have air con on and i am turning , i.e. at a roundabout
I am 16 stone and was able to FORCE to car to a safe stop, (unfortunatly my wife is somewhat lighter and less powerful....."eats less pies").
I only dread to think what would happen if she was driving when this happens.
Anyway this is my question.....I phoned the renault main dealer from which i bought the car from some 2 years ago and they just entered the reg and said that there had been no recalls on my car , but said they`d be happy to book it in and do an engine diagnostic check on it for 65.
The car is way out of warranty so, Are they still obliged to at least look at it?
Seems i`m getting fobbed off here , but don`t know what my next move should be?? i`m gonna pay 65 to be told nothings wrong with the car...........
Currently in peanut chomper's garage:
lag 2 1.6 dyn
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome