Independent Renault Forums banner

3 warning beeps?????

Tags
beeps warning
5K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  PJ 
#1 ·
Can anyone help me? I bought a 9 month old Grand Scenic 1.9Dci, which has the comfort pack :) , in December. Everything was fine until a couple of weeks ago it started to make 3 warning beeps everytime it was started. No warning signs stay on the display and I'm not sure if there is a problem or not :confused: . I have read through the handbook but I am unable to find anything out. Has anyone else come across this situation or knows an answer?

Thanks in advance.

Alan

#5 ·
I edited my profile a few days ago (to remove the exclamation mark that was still there from when the new car arrived) and it wanted me to support Arsenal too. It seems to be the default, rather than blank.

It'd be better if it defaulted to a "don't talk to me about football, I can't stand the game and it's bad enough listening to that lot at work without you starting" avatar. How's about one of those then?

Grins, ducks and runs away very quickly...

#13 ·
It was just a thought .... couldn't remember if mine beeped one or thrice :eek:

Maybe a wee call to the local dealership will sort things out and if there is a problem it should be sorted under warranty.

#15 ·
Hi Fezzer,
I've been right through my owners manual and can't find any reference (Ditto - the new haynes manual for the Scenic II). I think it's reached the stage of contacting your local dealer's service dept and asking them.
My car's first service is tomorrow (Monday) so I'll ask when I drop it off.

#17 ·
Fezzer,
I mentioned your problem to my dealer and basically they were loathe to give a diagnosis and strongly suggested that you should take the car in to your local Renault dealer and demonstrate the problem.
At best it could be just something minor that you are doing wrong when starting the car or, if that is not the case, then they would need to run a diagnostic on the car - which will be chargeable I'm afraid but at least you would know what is causing the beeps once and for all.
Keep us posted as to what you find out.

Andy

#19 ·
My Car does not beep anymore when started, I repeat, It DOES NOT beep. I did not take it to the garage, I sorted it all on my own - with nobodys help - all by myself, what a top mechanic I am.

You'll never guess what I did to sort it out. I filled up my screen wash bottle. Ok stop laughing and calling me a fool, but that is what I did and the beeping stopped. It started to run out a couple of weeks ago (same time the beeps started) and I never got round to topping it up.

So, which one of you lot is going to let their washer bottle run dry, to test out my theory? There is nothing in the handbook about it, so I am fully believing that this was the problem.

Therefore, until my beeps come back, and my washer bottle is full, then I am The Master Mechanic and deserve lots of praise from you mere mortals.

Fezz :cool: :) :p :d :rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.