Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - So much for doing away with Tax Discs

View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 27th November 2015
Platinum member
Nominated 3 Times in 11 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 4
Re: So much for doing away with Tax Discs

there is a way round the double-road-tax-scam HMG is running, prepare to sell the car through the month, with the aim of selling at the end or beginning of the next. on the day before the last day (after 10pm) when its parked up somewhere (off-road) you then go online and SORN it!
you then sell the car (transfer of ownership the next day (first of month or around then) then send off paperwork.
car is already SORNED, no tax is due, new owner then taxes it from day 1 of that month or when they get the paperwork returned from DVLA.
no one loses out, except HMG...... RESULT!

if the rozzers pull u over, you are legal as you cannot tax the car without a full V5(green slip is not enough!(i know i tried to do it online with a green slip, they refused my application)), the green slip says when its bought it and tax is due from that day.

and yes as its now called carbon tax they should put it direct at point of sale like the rest of the EU!

the problem then is they will bring in viggnett's instead.......
Currently in mord's garage:
The CreditCard Holes sooo DEEEEP NASA have put up warning signs about a black hole on the Driveway: update, the driveway and home have fallen in...
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome