Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Sticking Hand brake

View Single Post
post #34 of (permalink) Old 27th November 2015 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Sticking Hand brake

Originally Posted by ours2012 View Post
If the handbrake is adjusted ok ,then it will only slightly stick ,that is if you mean a couple of days ,if it is a long period brakes will stick on Any vehicle disc or drum system
Ok thanks for that. Just trying to get an idea on what's considered normal. I know most people I speak to say theirs will sticks little when left a few days. Thinking about it, I moved the car myself by foot than start it up so maybe engine power would mean it would be less noticeable? I'm just trying to make sure the brakes are freed up if left a few days so rather than start the car up and move it I've just been releasing the hand brake and pushing it with my foot a little to move it a little.

My old T reg Clio never stuck bad over the years I had it so I'm hoping the over adjusted hand brake on this one was actually the main reason for it sticking that time to the point it couldn't be moved.
Maybe I should invest in some wheel chocks for over the colder months just in case I'm not moving it for a few days?!
Currently in funkin79's garage:
Renault Clio 1.4 16v Expression - 2007
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome