Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna not registering if drivers door is opened

View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 18th November 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
The answer (hopefully)

I've had the same problem as you on my 2001 Laguna but it was on the passenger side!

You will need to remove the driver’s door panel and unplug the cable that goes into the central locking unit. Get a small piece of wire to short the violet wire to earth (anywhere metal on your car). This should trigger you courtesy lights and show the driver’s door open on the LCD car picture. If this works correctly then this proves that there is a problem with your switch and not the courtesy electrics.

On mine, the switch is part of the central locking unit and they cannot be taken to bits (I've tried and failed!). You have 2 options.....

1) But another central locking unit - Probably expensive and certainly a pain to fit

2) Try spraying WD40 and switch cleaner spray into the catch mechanism and keep opening and closing the catch until the spray works in. The switch contacts get furred up in the damp door and don’t connect properly.

WARNING – You need to short different coloured wires to earth depending on what door is playing up.

Drivers Door – Short the violet wire to earth test.
Passenger Door – Short the grey wire to earth test.
LH & RH Rear Doors – Short both the grey and violet wires to earth test.

Let me know how you get on!

Currently in onnward's garage:
2001 Renault Laguna
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome