Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Non Stop Problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 18th November 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Non Stop Problems

Hey Guys,

Had a Laguna 2.0 Sport 16V (1999) model for a few years now but just lately things have been going from bad to worse. Its only done 80k but i have looked after it since i bought it 3 years ago.

Recently i had all my disc brakes and brakes redone as they were scored and corroded etc but since then things have got worse.

My ABS sensor apparantly 'fell of' when they were fitting new tyres due to the part being corroded and since then whenever i drive slowly i can hear the brakes rubbing like it is sticking or something. The garage have now said that one of the ABS rings is so badly corroded that they dare not touch it for the fear of it falling off and that is what is making the noise. This to me sounds very sceptical.

In addition i have just had the driveshaft replaced but when i got the car home the horn was not working. I took the car back but was told it was the unit itself that was faulty. I just can not believe that it went overnight whilst in the garage.

They also told me that a rod-end needed replacing along with a few other bits and bobs which totals nearly 200. It has cost me over 1000 in the last 6 months alone but is still a great car which, touch wood, has never let me down.

The garage have said they have never seen a car so badly corroded underneath but i have always looked after the car even though it is not garaged.

Has anybody got any comments or opinions on any of the above. I am seriously thinking of taking the car to the Renault minute garage in Shrewsbury for a second opinion. Any idea how much for a full and thorough check on the vehicle? Thanks, any help muchly appreciated.
Currently in debadzuk79's garage:
Renault Laguna 2.0 16V Sport
  5 Lastest Threads by debadzuk79
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Non Stop Problems Cars & motoring superbiatch 3 876 18th November 2007 06:40 PM
Laguna ABS problem Wheels & tyres ottoman 1 1122 2nd August 2007 07:47 PM
Laguna Steering issue Steering and Suspension scatz 1 982 2nd August 2007 07:45 PM
Laguna - Clunking Noise When Turning Steering and Suspension Ty Korrigan 12 6209 2nd August 2007 07:42 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome